Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: How do I pull a check engine light code?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Import Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2000
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When you jump the SCS connector on an ABS equipped car, you'll cause the ABS light to flash codes that might be stored...

    The CEL will also be flashing engine related codes (each system has it's own individual light)...

    With your TPS code, and the bucking at part throttle, you've probably got an open in your TPS at 3/4 throttle...
    (keep in mind, if you roll the throttle to the floor, you can move right over an open that is only evident while at a particular throttle position)...

    Do an ohms sweep of the TPS and you'll figure out if it's a resistance problem...

    BTW: the SRS system also has it's own light and memory that are accessed via the SCS connector...

    So you might have 3 different sets of codes being flashed at you at any one time... cool

  2. #12
    Inactive Member 228GSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2000
    Posts
    303
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well the problem seems to be solved for now. I called Jim and he walked me through some possible problems I could be having with my TP sensor. I just unplugged the sensor and inspected and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I did feel a little bit of fluid around the sensor. I plugged it back in, cleared the code, and started the car. The idle started bouncing b/t 1000-1500 rpms. I reved it a little and it through the CEL. I unplugged the sensor again, kinda cleaned it off, plugged it back in and started it up again. This time, no CEL, no erratic idle. Everything seemed to be smooth. Took it out for a test drive later, and it ran great. No stuttering, no lurching, and no CEL. Felt as strong as ever. Thanks to everybody for their help.

    ------------------
    99' GSR 13.6 @ 103.4mph
    -JRSC w/ Walbro Fuel Pump, AEM Intake, Tanabe Racing Medallion Exhaust, Mugen Header, Ground Control Coilovers/ Koni Adjustable Shocks, Black 17x7.5 Volk Racing SE37's, and Wings West Body Kit
    Since then: Quaife LSD, ACT Clutch, ZEX Ultra Lightweight Flywheel, AEM Cam gears, and JR BTC

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Frank baby...

    Glad to hear your TPS is in remission... lol.

    BTW, there is a 1/8th mile import shootout this Sunday 12/03 here in BHAM if you would like to come up and play with us.

    Two classes: a bracket class and a head-to-head shootout.


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •